Razor E100 Electric Scooter Review
Want to have fun with your kids, a Razor E100 Electric Scooter is a great cheap enjoyable way to get your kids outside playing and having fun and if you are feeling adventurous its pretty cool to hop on to a larger model yourself and join the kids.
“Kids love this scooter, I purchased the Razor E100 Electric Scooter for 3 of my grandkids, ages 11, 10 & 7. All three love it and spend many hours on it” Maryjean Mccarty
Who doesn’t like a little extra kick in a scooter? Razor applied its knowledge of what goes into the world’s best razor scooter and added electric power to give riders a supercharged eco-friendly thrill with the Razor E100 Electric Scooter.
Appealing to kids, teens and adults, Razor kept quality materials and affordability top of mind for its electric scooter line and better yet its available online at places like Amazon where you can save up to 22% and get free shipping at the moment .
Equipped with twist grip throttles, chain driven motors, and pneumatic tires to ensure a smooth ride, it’s hard to go anywhere without a Razor E100 electric scooter. Wherever you ride, it’s all about rechargeable fun that goes the distance.
Cruise around the neighborhood in style with the Razor E100 Electric Scooter. Boasting a chain-driven, high-torque motor, and a handy twist-grip throttle, the E100 is the perfect device for pre-teens and teens wanting to zip over to a friend’s house or head to the park. Unlike Razor’s E300S and E500S scooters–whose motors start from a standing position–the Razor E100 Electric Scooter requires a small manual kickoff to 3 miles per hour before starting (the rider presses a trigger to engage the motor).
Once the rider is on the move, however, the electric motor ramps up to 10 miles per hour–fast enough to have fun, but not fast enough to be a menace on the street or sidewalk. And thanks to the long-life rechargeable battery, which takes about eight hours to fully charge, riders can cruise for up to 40 minutes at a stretch.
Other details include a folding handlebar mechanism for easy storage and transport, an 8-inch pneumatic front tire and 4.9-inch polyurethane rear wheel, and a hand-operated front brake. The Razor E100 electric scooter is recommended for ages 8 and older and offers a maximum weight capacity of 120 pounds. It also comes with a pair of 12-volt batteries, a charger, and tools and is backed by a 90-day warranty.
Razor e100 Electric Scooter Key Features:
The Razor E100 Electric Scooter features powerful fun at speeds up to 10 miles per hour
Up to 40 minutes of continuous use
Chain-driven, high-torque motor
125mm polyurethane rear wheel
Hand-operated front brake
8″ pneumatic front tire
For Ages 8+
Weight Limit of the Razor E100 Electric Scooter: 120 pounds
Razor E100 electric scooter product description and details
Cruise around the neighborhood on the Razor E100 Electric Scooter. It’s designed with a kid-friendly deck and frame, and travels up to 10 miles per hour! The front hand break is easy to use, and the battery allows up to 40 minutes of continuous use. Ages 8+. Weight limit: 120 lbs.
Product Dimensions: 35 x 16.5 x 8 inches ; 35 pounds
Razor e100 Electric Scooter User reviews.
Great little Scoot….
I purchased the Razor E100 Electric Scooter for my 8 year old. This has been a joy of his for quite a few months. It runs well, peppy and the battery seems to hold up for a very long riding period. He has had times in excess of 1 hr. riding around the house and driveway.
The only thing which is minor that annoys me is that when you corner very sharply the chain protector drags the pavement. No damage is done but it seems this part of the scooter should be higher off the ground.
Overly recommended for children of appropriate ages. Get your child one, they and you will not regret it.
Built for fun, just be careful….
I bought a Razor E100 Electric Scooter from Amazon for my 7-year-old son about 45 days ago. I can tell you that only rain and wet roads have prevented him from riding it daily!
At first, my wife and I questioned my judgment in buying it for him. The first time he got on it, he lost control of it had a bad-looking crash. He hopped up unharmed though, so we gave him some time to learn. Every day since then, I have found him being diligent to charge it and eager to ride it.
So, here’s my list of pros and cons.
1. The battery lasts a good hour of uphill/downhill riding.
2. The large, pneumatic tire up front makes quick work of bumps and rocks.
3. The wide standing surface allows for his feet to be together, side-by-side, if he wants.
4. The Razor E100 Electric Scooter is sturdy and solid.
5. The handlebars and shaft can be separated from the body for transport.
6. The Razor E100 electric scooter is quick enough for fun, but not so fast as to be dangerous.
7. It ships in two pieces: Handlbars/shaft assembly and the main body. Attaching the two pieces is all the assembling that’s necessary.
1. The brake is insufficient. It will eventually stop the scooter, but don’t let your kid(s) rely on it. Teach them to steer out of situations and release the throttle. It will not stop my 9-year-old (65 lbs) son when he’s rolling down our slightly sloped driveway. Of course, the effectiveness of the brake is directly proportional to the strength of the rider’s grip, but the gripping power of kids in this age group is probably less than what this scooter-brake combo needs.
2. The rear wheel of theRazor E100 Electric Scooter is like one on a regular Razor scooter – solid and slick. This works well on most dry surfaces, but be careful because it can and will slide in more situations than a grooved, rubber tire would.
3. The drive chain attaches on right side of the back wheel, and it has a cover over it. That sounds like it should be a good thing, but the cover is actually so large that it prevents most right turns. If you turn more than just a little to the right, the cover will make contact with the road, and the back wheel will lose contact with the road.
1. There is an on/off switch on the battery of the Razor E100 electric Scooter
2. The Razor E100 electric scooter motor engages after the scooter reaches 3 mph.
3. The manual recommends charging the scooter for 12-18 hrs.
4. The Razor E100 Electric Scooter is heavy enough to render it useless without the motor. Don’t expect that your kid will continue to use it as a push scooter when the battery dies.
5. The scooter did NOT ship in plain packaging. It shipped in just the scooter box. It was for my son’s birthday, and the surprise was nearly spoiled when delivery came.
This Razor E100 Electric Scooter is a good buy for the money, and so long as you are aware of the issues that come with it, it will make for a fun toy. My son still tells me that this scooter is the best present he has ever received! We also took it camping and it was fine on the camping trail, we had loads of fun. If you have the money to get the 200 or 300, I would recommend doing so as long as you’re brake cable with the increased speed/power.
The best place I have found to get the Razor E100 Electric Scooter is amazon so get your kids a Razor E100 Electric Scooter they will love it and its got to be better then a video game .
Mail this post